Cook Engineering, Inc.
StreetPrint Surface Treatments, in Northern California
For attractive, decorative paving surfaces, nothing is quite like Ennis-Flint StreetPrint®. It turns ordinary asphalt into something extraordinary.
Cook Engineering is among only eight California contractors who have been authorized to install StreetPrint through a rigorous training and certification process. StreetPrint is superior in many ways to stamped concrete and pavers. It is cost-efficient, can be installed quickly, and greatly reduces the tripping hazards that brick and paving stones present.
StreetPrint is ideal for continuous long-run surfaces because expansion joints are unnecessary. The patented StreetPrint embossed heat stamping process can produce a wide variety of rich colors and detailed textures, including ADA-compliant, skid-resistant coatings. It can be applied as an overlay to a standard asphalt surface or in many cases can be used to enhance your existing asphalt. The experts on the Cook Engineering team can make those determinations.
We can replicate the look of cobblestone, brick, slate or other materials in durable coated asphalt. Choose from numerous brick stamping patterns, including herringbone, offset brick and fanned concentric circles. StreetPrint treatment is perfect for making driveways, crosswalks, walking paths, sports playing surfaces and parking lots distinctive. We also can re-bond older asphalt surfaces to restore or change faded color, and we are skilled in seamlessly patching imperfections in older textured and colored asphalt surfaces.
And, yes, we can and do offer StreetPrint paving as a subcontracted service to other paving and general contractors and developers for commercial, residential and governmental projects.
Treatments that we apply include:
- Ennis-Flint DuraTherm® thermoplastic inlay asphalt surfacing system for streetscape beautification. Through heat-set techniques to imprint new or existing asphalt, DuraTherm is durable – as its name indicates – and yields remarkably attractive results. We can apply inlays in an array of imaginative patterns and a broad spectrum of colors. Upon completion, the inlaid material is flush with the surrounding asphalt surfaces, suitable for wheelchairs and walkers, and in compliance with ADA requirements.
- Ennis-Flint DecoMark® thermoplastic technology to apply custom team and company logos, directional markings, and other artwork to paving surfaces. This treatment is flush with surrounding surfaces, skid-resistant, and lasts six to eight times as long as painted markings.
- TrafficPatternsXD™ to create decorative crosswalks, traffic calming surfaces, and traffic pattern markings. This high-quality thermoplastic Ennis-Flint skid-resistant surface stamping product is heat-set into underlying conventional asphalt. Resembling brickwork when complete, it is much smoother than bricks or paver stones, but every bit as attractive.
- Ride-A-Way™ acrylic coatings, particularly suitable to distinguish bike lanes, pedestrian walkways, and other designated surface areas. These coatings, made by Ennis-Flint, are available in a variety of colors, and we can apply them to concrete as well as asphalt surfaces. The water-based, acrylic formulation of Ride-A-Way meets EPA requirements for VOCs.
- Cyclegrip® MMAX surface treatments by Ennis-Flint to improve motorists’ and cyclists’ bike lane awareness and safety. Made with methyl methacrylate resins (which are also used in dentistry), Cyclegrip® MMAX is an extremely durable, high-visibility, and color-stable treatment with excellent non-slip properties.
Cook Engineering also has expertise in applying StreetPrint decorative asphalt paving.
What is StreetPrint Pavement Texturing™?
StreetPrint is an innovative new way to decorate existing asphalt. It turns ordinary asphalt paving into a versatile, artistic, and durable decorative solution.
StreetPrint applications are countless. Use it on driveways, crosswalks, parking lots, or entryways. See some examples on our Projects page.
Installation is quick and efficient!
Compared to other decorative paving solutions, StreetPrint provides the quickest installation and the least amount of disruption to foot or automotive traffic.